The Only Location for Sandboarding Supplies in the San Luis Valley
In the winter months sandboards and sand sleds are available for rent. Keep in mind, the boards and sleds are not designed to be used on snow covered dunes. The equipment slides extremely fast and can become uncontrollable. The dry, Southern aspects can still be extremely fun to slide down as long as dry sand is exposed!
*If you wish to cancel a reservation, we must be given notice more than 24 hours before the scheduled rental reservation in order to refund your reservation payment.
We are closed for business on Sundays, but that doesn't mean our equipment isn't sliding down the Dunes. Rentals can be picked up or dropped off at the Colorado Welcome Center (610 State Ave.) in Alamosa on Sundays from 8am - 6pm. In order to facilitate a Sunday rental you must contact Kristi Mountain Sportsby 4pm on Saturday and complete a rental reservation.
No boards can be rented directly from the Colorado Welcome Center.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Sandals or Flip-Flops – The sand gets extremely hot on sunny summer days and will burn the soles of your feet if you don’t have a barrier between your foot and the sand.
- Clothing – Check the weather and plan accordingly. Generally shorts and a t-shirt during the summer months. We recommend long sleeved shirts and pants on windy days.
- Water – Remember, you’re at 7,500 feet – drink!
- Sunglasses or Goggles
- Bandanna or BUFF to cover face
- Rain Gear
- Zip-off Pants
- Camera – Leave the point-and-shoot and the SLR at home (sand will seize the lens). Contour and GoPro cameras are best suited for the Dunes.